In February 2006, OCLC, in partnership with TCR (The Combined Regions), launched a hosted, web-based, national interlending service– UnityUK. Since 2006, OCLC has continuously developed the service to meet evolving technological and user demands.
UnityUK is powered by VDX, a standards-compliant interlibrary loan and document request management system. UnityUK enables users to:
- Search multiple library catalogues simultaneously
- View the bibliographic and location details of any items retrieved
- Place a request for an item
- Manage the request through its lifecycle, from request to receipt to return
- Manage incoming requests from other UnityUK libraries
- Manage ILL charges using IFM
- Run statistical and other reports
- Send email alerts to requesters when requests meet stated criteria
Sign in to UnityUK
Renew your UnityUK subscription
View the UnityUK training manual and user's handbook
Join the discussion
The UnityUK members' pages provide:
- User guides and "How to" pages
- Contact details
- Collection information
- And much more
A UnityUK User Group has been established, with face to face and online meetings providing an opportunity for users to:
- Network with ILL professionals from other organisations
- Share experiences and best practices
- Provide valuable feedback on current usage and issues
- Learn about service updates and new releases
- Influence service development and direction
- Meet members of the OCLC UnityUK team
- No image available
- Find frequently asked questions (FAQ) and troubleshooting steps (Troubleshooting).
- An email responder has marked an item as shipped by accident
- An ILL responder has marked an item as shipped but the user no longer requires the item
- Can I have multiple delivery addresses to choose from when requesting items from the British Library on UnityUK?
- Can I include a world wide search in a UnityUK request?
- Can my holdings be removed from Unity UK?
- How do I change my library's music, play set and language requests details in the UnityUK Help Pages?
- How do I change my region's contact details on the UnityUK Help Pages?
- How do I update my Local Holidays?
- How do I update my UnityUK mailing list details?
- How do receive an an item when the request status is not supplied?
- I get an error when trying to retrieve my IFM Report
- I have a query about my invoice. Who do I contact?
- My message to the UnityUK mailing list cannot be sent as it 'exceeds the maximum message size of 16,000 lines'. How do I fix this?
- Our finance department cannot process UnityUK invoices with both credit and debit lines. Could these be separated into 2 documents?
- Our local IP address has changed, will this affect our access for UnityUK?
- We are moving to new premises, how do we change our address and when?
- What is our UnityUK symbol?
- When we receive a request on UnityUK, has that request gone out to other possible suppliers as well, or just us?
- When will requests entered by my library users appear in UnityUK?
- Why are some locations listed in the catalogue as 'Not an ILL participant'?
- Why has OCLC sent me a copy of a BLDSS ARTEmail Replies Intray?