Skip to main content
OCLC Support

Is there a way in WorldShare to refund an institution for a closed request?

Applies to
  • WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
  • Tipasa

Yes, refunds can be issued for requests with any status after Considering, including Closed requests.

For example, if you (the Lender) billed a Borrower by accident, you can go into your closed requests and refund the amount.

If you have been erroneously charged for a requested item, you can request a refund from the Lender by using the Email button on the request.

To request a refund:

  1. Locate the request you want to request a refund for.
  2. At the top of the request, under Actions, click Email.
  3. On the Send Message window, fill in the fields.
  4. Add some text to the e-mail to let the Lender know you want to request a refund for that specific request.
  5. Click Send.

Note: You can only issue refunds through the system interface. Refunds must be issued within 180 system days of the original transaction.  


Page ID