There are several options for importing user records into OLIB, each valid for differing scenarios:
- Import of tagged file through the OLIB Admin Client
- Scheduled import of tagged file by Daystart, running on the OLIB server
- Scheduled conversion and import of .csv file by Daystart running on the OLIB server
- Calls to the API in the application schema
Option 1 is used for initial imports and by customers who wish to run periodic updates to their user file manually.
Option 2 is designed for customers who make frequent updates (perhaps daily) and who do not wish to import the file manually.
Option 3 is for customers who are unable to create a tagged file and wish to commission OCLC (UK) Ltd to configure OLIB to automatically convert and load a file from a comma separated format. There is a cost involved in setting up this process.
Option 4 is for customers who are able to submit calls directly to their OLIB database to add User records directly to OLIB on demand or in batches. This option is not available to customers hosted by OCLC.
- File structure for User Import
- Learn about the file structure required for user import in OLIB.
- Import a tagged file through OLIB Web
- Learn how to import a tagged file through OLIB Web.
- Import through daystart
- Learn how to import user records into OLIB through daystart.
- User Import approved Application Program Interface
- Learn about the user Import approved Application Program Interface for OLIB.
- User import tag list
- Find user import tags for OLIB.
- Import of csv file via daystart
- Learn how to import a .csv file via daystart for OLIB.
- Using a data ingest table
- Learn how to use a data ingest table to map data in OLIB.