Review the guidelines for adding cooperative collections
Add your customizable collection
Cooperative data management allows you to add entirely new customizable collections to the global knowledge base so that other libraries may use them.
Create a knowledge base collection
To add a new collection to the global knowledge base, you must first create a knowledge base collection locally:
- Please take note: When creating your collection, make sure you select the option to make your collection customizable. The collection you submit to the global KB needs to be customizable, and this setting can only be selected when you first create the collection. For more information, see Why select "Customizable" when you create a collection.
- See Create a knowledge base collection.
If you have already created a local collection that you want to submit to the global knowledge base, navigate to your local collection. The easiest way to do this is to click Search and then use the search filter "Collections..." and then select "I created." See Search for collections in Collection Manager, Use filters for more information.
Submit your collection
After you create a new, local customizable collection click the Collection Actions drop-down button on the top of the screen and select Add Collection to the Global knowledge base.
Confirm your changes
Enter the reason why you are adding the collection and confirm your submission. Comments are encouraged but not required. Once you click Continue:
- The comment as well as your name and institution is saved to the Reviews accordion
- The collection is submitted to the global knowledge base and a review entry is created and placed in a review queue for OCLC to approve
OCLC reviews your collection
Collections that are submitted to global knowledge base are reviewed by OCLC for quality assurance. This differs from other cooperative management processes.
OCLC reviews collections within 10 business days. You will be contacted by OCLC if your collection has been denied. To ensure that your collection is approved, follow the Guidelines for adding cooperative collections to the WorldCat knowledge base.
Send OCLC your feedback
We encourage you to discuss the features and functions of the knowledge base cooperative data management:
- In the OCLC Community Center. If you have feedback or question for OCLC, post your comments in the Collection Manager discussion forum (sign in required), or
- Send your comments to OCLC Support. We welcome any suggestions for improving or enhancing cooperative features for greater utility by our community in future releases