Qualify a command line search
Enter one or more of the qualifiers listed above as part of a full syntax search in the Command Line Search box of the Search WorldCat window (Cataloging > Search > WorldCat):
In the Search WorldCat window, under Command Line Search, type search terms (an index label, punctuation, and a keyword, numeric, or derived search), followed by a slash and then a format, years, microform, or source qualifier value (no spaces).
Note: Use the slash format only for MARC format, year, microform, or source qualifiers.
Qualifier index labels
Instead of slashes, follow the search with a space, the Boolean operator and, a space, a qualifier label, a colon, and a qualifier value.
Example: su:spain and yr:1990 and mt:rec
Note: Use the index label and punctuation for any type of qualifiers.
Guidelines for qualifying command line searches
- Use preceding slashes or index labels with the following four types of qualifiers: type of material, years, microform, or source (/dlc).
- Use index labels only to qualify a search by Internet/non-Internet, language, or specific material types (slashes are unavailable).
- If you use slash qualifiers (format, years, microform, or source), use only one of each in a search.
- Slash qualifiers must appear last in a search.
- Qualifiers with index labels (followed by colons) can appear anywhere in a search, combined with Boolean operators.
- Type qualifiers in any order.
Examples of qualified command line searches using a preceding slash or index label
|To search for ...||Type ...|
|Keyword search for a map of Scotland||su:scotland/map
su:scotland and mt:map
|Derived search for the title Gone with the Wind in book format published in the year 1980
gon,wi,th,y and mt:bks and yr:1980
|Keyword search for the subject Navajo in material type DVD video published in 1980 or later
||su:navajo and mt:dvv/1980-
su:navajo and mt:dvv and yr:1980-
|Derived search for the title Gone with the Wind in sound recordings format published between 1970 and 1980||td:gon,wi,th,w/rec/1970-80
td:gon,wi,th,w and mt:rec and yr:1970- 80
See Enter qualifiers and values for more details and examples.