WorldShare License Manager release notes, November 2021
Release Date: November 13, 2021
This release of WorldShare License Manager adds support for the COUNTER 5 IR Item Master Report and IR Journal Article Requests Report in addition to additional enhancements and bug fixes.
Many of these improvements are the direct result of your feedback.
New features and enhancements
Additional COUNTER 5 Reports Available for Harvesting
With WorldShare License Manager, we continue to build on the adoption of COUNTER 5 across libraries. Statistics gathered from COUNTER-compliant vendors help to inform your decision making as you select and maintain your library’s e-resources. With this release, we are happy to announce License Manager offers both automatic and manual harvesting of two additional COUNTER 5 report types. The following reports are now available for harvesting in addition to the TR, TR_J1, TR_J2, TR_J3, TR_J4, TR_B1, TR_B2, TR_B3, DR_D1, DR_D2, PR_P1, IR_M1:
- IR Master - Item Master Report
- IR_A1 - Journal Article Requests Report
Since COUNTER 5 is being deployed by many vendors, you may find it useful to visit COUNTER.org for a full description of the standard.
Contact OCLC Support to enable the use of these new reports with supported vendors.
Increased Character Limit for Document Labels
In WorldShare License Manager, you are able to attach documents to your licenses. During the attachment process, you can choose to add a label to the document. The character limit for this label has been increased from 40 characters to 255 characters. This allows you more flexibility in providing descriptive labels on your documents.
Improvements and Bug fixes
- The Public Notes Display template can once again be used to configure notes in other languages, including French. Previously, the template was not updating the content of the notes when certain language characters were used.
- You can now sort the Harvest History details table by Delete Date and see the correct sort order.
- The Harvest History details table now reflects a more informative name label to allow you to identify the content in the table at a glance. The updated label includes the Vendor Name, Vendor ID, Counter Type, and Harvest Type.
- There are no known issues to report currently.
To help you become familiar with the new features, enhancements and improvements included in this release, there is one update session scheduled. Please note the session time zones when registering. The sessions will be recorded and archived for future viewing on the OCLC Community Center. Please register, even if you are unable to attend, to receive a link to the recorded session.
WorldShare Management Services release update session
Date: Wednesday, November 17th, 2021, 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-4:00)
Support information for this product and related products can be found at: