Deleting a patron removes their account from the system. This action should be performed with caution. It cannot be undone.
If you are part of a WMS group, you can only delete patrons from your institution. You can only delete patrons if you have been assigned a role of User Admin, User Manager, Circulation Admin.
Accounts cannot be deleted if the patron has:
- Outstanding checkouts
- Outstanding bills
- Been sent to a collection agency
If you try to delete a patron account that cannot be deleted, you will receive a message explaining why the patron could not be deleted.
Delete a patron account
- In the WorldShare Admin module, search for the patron you want to delete.
- In the patron account, click Delete User Record.
- In the Delete User window, click Delete.
- The Delete User Record window appears and the system confirms the deletion.
- All outstanding hold requests or item schedules associated with the patron account will be removed. Any reference to the user in item statistics will display as 'Unknown Patron.'
Watch a video
Delete a patron record (4:58)
Patron accounts can be deleted if there are no outstanding circulation-related transactions associated with the account. This video reviews how to delete a patron account, why deletion may be unsuccessful, and how deleted patron information appears in reports.