The Document Delivery features allows your library to fulfill requests from patrons with items from your own collection, as indicated by your holdings in WorldCat. When Document Delivery is enabled, the Document Delivery category appears in the left navigation and allows you to process requests that can be fulfilled by items held by your library. You can also configure your automations to route requests for items your library holds to the Document Delivery queues. Document Delivery can also be used with the Advanced Lending queues.
This feature might be useful to your library if:
- You allow patrons to request copies from journals held in your print collection.
- You fill book/returnable requests for held items for your distance education students.
- Your library is part of a group of institutions that allows patrons to request items held at one location and will ship the item to the patron's home branch or home address.
Automated Request Manager to route to Document Delivery and easily separate requests your patrons place for items you own in your collection. See Using automations with Tipasa, Example configurations for more information.Note: Your library does not need to provide a document delivery service or purchase items to configure Document Delivery. Setup automations through the
For information about Document Delivery reports, please see WorldShare Reports.
- Advanced Lending and Document Delivery
- Learn how to move a request into an advanced lending queue and how to turn off advanced lending in Tipasa.
- Create and process Document Delivery requests
- Learn how to create Document Delivery requests as well as how to fulfill copy, loan, and open access requests using Document Delivery in Tipasa.
- Document Delivery request fields
- Find information about the Document Delivery request fields in Tipasa.
- Send document delivery notifications to patrons
- Learn how to send email notifications to a patron and find information about the available Document Delivery Library to Patron notification types in Tipasa.
- Set up Document Delivery
- Learn how to set up Document Delivery and edit your automations to route borrowing requests to the Document Delivery queues.