Before you can begin using the Document Delivery queues, you must turn the feature on in OCLC Service Configuration. Once you have turned on Document Delivery, you can modify your automations to route requests to Document Delivery when the ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC number in the request matches to an item held in WorldCat by your library. See Automated Request Manager.
Turn on Document Delivery
Follow the below instructions to turn on Document Delivery.
To turn on Document Delivery:
- Sign in to Service Configuration.
- On the left navigation, click WorldShare ILL > Advanced Workflows.
- Under Document Delivery, select the On checkbox.
- Click Save.
Edit your automations
Once you turn on Document Delivery, you are able to modify your automations to route borrowing requests to the Document Delivery queues if the item is held by your library. You must edit your automations if you want patron requests to become Document Delivery requests. This will change the Fulfillment Type of the request to Document Delivery.
To edit an automation:
- In Service Configuration, on the left navigation, click WorldShare ILL > Automated Request Manager.
- From the Main Automations list, select the Edit button next to the automation.
- Do not select a criteria under Matches to apply the automation to all requests.
- Click the Add an Exception option to select an Exception.
- From the Exceptions drop-down, select If Held By My Institution, Route to Document Delivery.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for any other automations you want to edit.