Before you can begin using the Document Delivery queues, you must turn the feature on in OCLC Service Configuration. Once you have turned on Document Delivery, you can modify your Direct Request Profiles to route requests to Document Delivery when the ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC number in the request matches to an item held in WorldCat by your library.
Turn on Document Delivery
Follow the below instructions to turn on Document Delivery.
To turn on Document Delivery:
- Sign in to Service Configuration.
- On the left navigation, click WorldShare ILL > Advanced Workflows.
- Under Document Delivery, select the On checkbox.
- Click Save.
Edit your Direct Request Profiles
Once you turn on Document Delivery, you are able to modify your Direct Request Profiles to route borrowing requests to the Document Delivery queues if the item is held by your library. You must edit your Profiles if you want patron requests to become Document Delivery requests. This will change the Fulfillment Type of the request to Document Delivery.
To edit a Direct Request Profile:
- In Service Configuration, on the left navigation, click WorldShare ILL > Direct Request Profiles.
- From the Profile Name list, select the Direct Request Profile you want to edit.
- In the Route to Review File Options section, in the If Held By Your Institution field, select Route to Document Delivery.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for any other Direct Request Profiles you want to edit.