Reformat a LHR
Discover how to reformat a local holdings record in WorldShare Record Manager.
When you manually reformat a local holdings record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- From the LHRs accordion, click the Edit button () for the local holdings record you want to move.
- From the Record drop-down menu, select Reformat. A confirmation message appears which states that the local holdings record was reformatted successfully.
When you manually reformat a local holdings record, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs is automatically to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.