Release Date: September 10, 2021
This release of WorldShare Collection Manager includes the functionality and migration from the WorldCat Knowledge base re-architecture project. It provides numerous new features and enhancements, including:
- New model for collection editing: we have aligned knowledge base editing with the WorldCat cooperative model: any member can contribute changes that immediately benefit all members.
- New Auto Select Titles setting: If a library added a collection in its entirety rather than choosing a subset of titles, the new Auto Select Titles setting can automatically add new titles to that collection, as they are sent to OCLC by the provider.
- Alma libraries can now build their WorldCat Knowledge base collections by uploading data from the Alma knowledge base.
- Greater transparency in the Activity History.
- Title History for Knowledge base collections.
- Improved collection and title editing workflows, including preview screens to allow proofreading of edits or a summary view of KBART uploads.
- Enhanced Collection Manager user interface with improved search capability.
- Better management for shared collections.
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
See the WorldCat Knowledge base re-architecture release guide for workflow tips to assist your library in incorporating these changes and features.
New features and enhancements
See the WorldCat Knowledge base re-architecture release guide which includes:
When adding titles or submitting title data changes other than OCLC number through cooperative management, changes are only preserved across data updates from the provider for a subset of collections
Cooperative edits and title additions will be preserved for all collections. The list of WorldCat Knowledge base collections for which all cooperative changes are retained is no longer needed.
Searching by WorldCat Registry ID not working as expected when sharing collections
When searching for an institution with which to share a collection, searching via institution name or by Registry ID consistently displays a value in the input box.
Please see the WorldShare Collection Manager known issues page for the latest information.
Collection Manager office hours
Ask questions you have about Collection Manager. We are offering additional sessions to help support you around the rollout out of this major re-architecture release. Visit Collection Manager Events in the Community Center for more information about upcoming office hours and previous recordings.
OCLC will no longer support IE 11 as of 17 August 2021, the date Microsoft applications (e.g. Office 365, OneDrive, Outlook) are ending their support for IE 11. Find more information: