Planned Release Date: 10-12 September 2021, EDT (UTC -4)
Exciting new features will soon be released to WorldShare Collection Manager as a result of a large re-architecture project. The project includes both system improvements and enhancements in the WorldShare interface.
Many of the enhancements apply to WorldCat knowledge base collections and titles. Improvements to Collection Manager search, and to the Activity and Collection History, extend to query collections and cataloging partner collections. No changes were made to data sync collections.
WorldShare Collection Manager will be unavailable Friday, 10 September, 5:00 pm - Sunday, 12 September, 9:00 pm, EDT (UTC -4) to allow OCLC to install changes and migrate data. Please do not use the application during this time. If you have many collection selections or changes to complete, please consider doing these earlier in the week or post install to ensure that all of your data is processed. For more information, visit the System Status Dashboard and click on WorldShare Collection Manager.
To prepare, please see the resources below. Learn about the new features and enhancements, find information about how OCLC will migrate library data, and see highlighted sections with tips to remember for your workflows.
- Release notes: New features and enhancements
See an overview of features in this release. Links to draft documentation about editing global fields and the new Activity History are included.
- Q&A about this release
See questions from libraries and detailed answers from the product team.
- Back-end framework and system improvements
This install includes significant improvements to infrastructure. OCLC is prepared to scale e-resources for the future. We can load data faster and more accurately than ever.
Release Update Session
This pre-release session summarizes the content of this guide. Product gives an overview of the enhancements included in the release and explains the downtime needed for the install. Find the recording on Collection Manager's Events page in the Community Center after the live session.
- Release Update Session: 26 August 2021, 10:00-11:00 am EDT (UTC -4) - This event has passed. Visit the link to find a recording.
Product Insight presentation series
The Collection Manager product team demonstrates the enhancements included in the WorldCat knowledge base re-architecture release in a series of four Product Insight sessions. Expand the section below for links to the recordings. Sign in with your WorldShare credentials:
- Links to the recordings and slides
- Part 1: 13 November 2019 - All collections are customizable; cleaner user interface
- Part 2: 12 February 2020 - Removal of cooperative voting; removal of the "Open Access in Resolver" setting
- Part 3: 20 May 2020 - Redesigned Activity History; collection sharing changes and enhancements
- Part 4: 27 July 2021 - "Auto Select Titles" setting; more intuitive navigation and collection actions; new model for editing global knowledge base collections