- When Gateway export a record to Alma ILS, Connexion client crashes and has to be restarted.
- Connexion client All Versions
There is something about the Alma host name that is causing the client crash. To resolve the issue, we need to create a new Gateway export destination. Once the existing export destination is damaged, it can't be reused.
Instead of the host name, we need to use the IP of the Alma server. A ping of the server shows this: 'naXX.alma.exlibrisgroup.com [PING.IP.GOES.HERE]'. XX represents a number, 01, 02, 03, etc.
Please do the following
- Delete the existing Gateway export destination (it's damaged and won't work, even with an IP).
- Create a new Gateway export destination. In the host name box enter PING.IP.GOES.HERE (obtained from pinging the server).
- Enter all other information the same as before; port, login name and password.
- Save and test.
If problems persist, contact OCLC Support with your library symbol, a screenshot of the error, and the steps you taken so far.
How do I ping the Alma server?
- Hold down the Windows key (to the left or right of the Alt key) and while holding it down, press the letter r; this brings up the Windows Run box.
- Type cmd and press Enter (This opens a command line window).
- At the flashing cursor, type ping ALMA-NAME.alma.exlibrisgroup.com, and press Enter (replace ALMA-NAME with the hosted server name that Alma assigned to you).
- Use the IP it returns in [PING.IP.GOES.HERE].