Gateway export to my local ILS system fails with this error message "LogonID or password are not valid" on one computer, but works on another computer.
I have verified the LogonID is the same between the two computers, and deleted and re-entered the password, but the problem persists.
- Connexion client version 2.63.
- Connexion client version 3.0.
This problem is occurring because the LogonID or Password fields are corrupted. To resolve the problem we are going to copy a file from the computer that works to the one that does not work. To do this follow these steps.
- Starting on the computer that works, close Connexion client if it's running.
- Hold down the Windows logo key, and type the "r" key. This will open the run dialog box.
- Type %appdata% and hit Enter.
- Double-click the "OCLC" folder.
- Double-click the "Connex" folder.
- Copy the Connects.ini file to a USB thumb drive(the .ini extension may not be visible). These are the settings we are moving to the computer that does not work.
- Take the USB thumb drive to the computer that is not working.
- Repeat steps 1 - 5 above.
- Paste the Connects.ini file from the USB thumb drive into the "Connex" folder.
Start Connexion client and export a record to your local system. It should be successful this time.
If you have completed the steps above and this does not fix the issue, please contact OCLC Support.