Gateway export error message "LogonID or password are not valid"
Gateway export to my local ILS system fails with this error message "LogonID or password are not valid" on one computer, but works on another computer.
I have verified the LogonID is the same between the two computers, and deleted and re-entered the password, but the problem persists.
- Connexion client version 2.63.
- Connexion client version 3.0.
This problem is occurring because the LogonID or Password fields are corrupted. To resolve the problem we are going to copy a file from the computer that works to the one that does not work. To do this follow these steps.
- Starting on the computer that works, close Connexion client if it's running.
- Hold down the Windows logo key, and type the "r" key. This will open the run dialog box.
- Type %appdata% and hit Enter.
- Double-click the "OCLC" folder.
- Double-click the "Connex" folder.
- Copy the Connects.ini file to a USB thumb drive(the .ini extension may not be visible). These are the settings we are moving to the computer that does not work.
- Take the USB thumb drive to the computer that is not working.
- Repeat steps 1 - 5 above.
- Paste the Connects.ini file from the USB thumb drive into the "Connex" folder.
Start Connexion client and export a record to your local system. It should be successful this time.
If you have completed the steps above and this does not fix the issue, please contact OCLC Support.