Find out how to access and use the User Tools window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the User Tools window
- Assign up to ten functions to ten available generic user tools.
- Assign a user tool to:
- Insert a special character or diacritic.
- Run a macro.
- Run a menu item.
- Insert a text string.
- Unassign a user tool.
- View current user tool assignments and their default descriptions.
- Customize the user tool description that appears in the user tool menu list and as the toolbar button tool-tip (pop-up description when the cursor is over the button).
Access the User Tools window
Assign a user tool
- Navigate to Tools > User Tools > Assign or press <Alt><T><T><A>.
Use the User Tools quick tool(): Click the down arrow and then click Manage.
- Under Display Commands for Category, click a button for a category (see a list of categories in the table below).
- Select the item within the category. If a user tool is already assigned to the item, it displays in Current User Tools box.
- In the Select New User Tool list, select a Tool number (1 through 10).
- Click Assign Tool. If the keystroke is already assigned, the client displays the item it is assigned to in shortcut Key Assigned to.
- When finished, click OK.
Use assigned tools
To use user tools, do one of the following:
- Click the command on the Tools menu: Click User Tool 1, User Tool 2, User Tool 3, etc.
- Click the button on the toolbar: First, you must add a user tool button (, , , etc.)to the toolbar. Navigate to Tools > Toolbar Editor to open the Toolbar Editor window.
- Press shortcut hot keys: Default keys are <Alt><T><T><1>, <Alt><T><T><2>, <Alt><T><T><3>, etc.
- Click the user tool in the user tools quick tool drop-down list.
See more about how to customize keystroke shortcuts.
User Tools window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Display Commands for Category buttons||Click one of the following buttons to select a category of items to display to which you can assign a user tool:
|Characters/Macro/Menu Items/Text list||The list changes and is named according to the category you select in the Display Commands for Category.
Use this list to select an item to assign to a user tool.
|Current User Tools box||View the user tool currently assigned to the selected item in the list (blank if selected item is unassigned).|
|Description Assigned display||View the default client description or the description you assign, using Modify Description, to the user tool highlighted in the Current User Tools display.|
|Select New User Tool list||Click the user tool in the list (Tool 1 through 10) to which you want to assign the selected item.
Click the user tool first and then select the item you want to assign to it.
Note: You must click Assign Tool. If you only click OK, the user tool is not assigned.
|User Tool Assigned to display||View the item to which you assigned the user tool.|
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|List All||Open the Assigned User Tools window to view all currently assigned user tools and their default descriptions.|
|Unassign Tool||Select a user tool in the Current User Tools box to unassign it.|
|Modify Description||Open the Modify Description window to change the description for the selected user tool.|
|Assign Tool||Assign the selected user tool to the selected item.
|OK or Close||
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made since you last clicked the Assign Tool button, and close the window.|