Find out how to access and use the User Information Paths and Logs window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the User Information Paths and Logs window
With the click of a single button, you can open client folders and/or log files that store information helpful for troubleshooting without having to navigate from Windows Explorer. You can open:
- The installation folder that contains the client executable file, macro book files, and the client system information file.
- The application data folder that contains your export settings and two log files for troubleshooting.
- The folder that contains your profile (all of your client settings and customizations).
- Either of the two log files in the application folder.
Access the User Information Paths and Logs window
- Navigate to View > User Information or press <Alt><V><U>.
- Click Paths and Logs.
- Click Close.
User Information Paths and Logs window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Go buttons||From the top of the window moving down, click a Go button to open:
|View Host Response Log||Open the HostResponse.log file directly in Notepad or a text editor selected as the default in Windows. The information stored in this file can help with troubleshooting system response problems and can be emailed to technical support.|
|View Local File Errors Log||Open the LocalFileErrors.log file directly in Notepad or a text editor selected as the default in Windows. Information stored in this file can help with troubleshooting a fatal local file error and can be emailed to anyone who is helping with the problem.|
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Close||Click the button to close the View User Information Paths and Logs window (or press <Enter>).|