Purpose of the Label Printing Options window
- Select label format.
- Select the type of label stock (sheet or continuous).
- Define a tag containing data you want to print on the pocket label.
- Select an option to open a prompt when you print a label to start label printing at a specified column and row of sheet label stock (unavailable for continuous stock) Print labels to a specified text file.
- Select print offsets.
- Define automatic stamps to include on labels.
- Print a test label to check alignment.
Access the Label Printing Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Printing.
- On the Printing tab, under Labels, click Label Options.
- Select a Format, Print Offsets, and/or the Form for printing labels.
- In the Tag on Pocket Label field, enter the MARC tag of a field containing data you want to add to the label.
- Select the Prompt for Options check box to open a prompt when you print labels for setting a start column and row.
- Select the Output to Text File check box and accept the default file, enter a different full path and file name of another text file (file extension *.txt), or click Browse to navigate to a text file to print the labels to a file, rather than to a printer.
- Click Define Automatic Stamps to open the Define Automatic Stamps window to define stamps.
- Click Print Alignment Label to print a test label.
See more about how to print and customize labels.
Label Printing Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Format selection buttons||Select a button for one of the following formats for printing labels:
|Form selection buttons||Select the type of label stock you use for printing labels:
|Tag on Pocket Label field||Enter a MARC tag (field or field/subfield(s)) containing content you want to print automatically following the title data on pocket labels.
Enter numbers and subfield codes with no spaces or delimiters (e.g., 999ab)
Default: Blank or the last tag you entered.
|Prompt for Options check box||Select the check box to open a prompt before printing labels to specify a start column and row.
Available only for sheet stock; unavailable for continuous stock.
|Output to Text File check box
|Select the check box to print labels to a text file (file extension *.txt):
Default: Check box is deselected. Labels print to a printer. If you select the check box, the default text file path and file name is provided in the text box: X:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\OCLC\Connex\Db\Labels.txt (X=letter of your hard drive)
Default: Units: Inches
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Define Automatic Stamps||Open the Define Automatic Stamps window to define one automatic stamp per holding library code to print on labels.|
|Print Alignment Label||Print a test label to check the placement of text on the label stock.|
|Browse||Click to open the Choose a Label Print File window, which is a standard Windows Open window. Navigate to a text file (*.txt) to which you want to print labels.|
|OK||Save the settings you entered and close the window. You return to the Printing tab (or press <Enter>).|
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made and close the window. You return to the Printing tab.|