Purpose of the Label window
When you open this window, you can edit a label directly and print for a single record.
- View a label for the displayed record as specified for your holding library or for other holding libraries listed in field 049.
- Edit the label.
- Specify other parameters for printing the label, including mirroring edits on pocket labels, setting the number of copies to print, and specifying print constants.
- Print the displayed label.
Access the Label window
- With a bibliographic record displayed, click View > Label, click , or press <F10>.
- The Label window opens for the label type specified in Tools > Options > Printing: SL4 (default), SL6, SLB, or SP1. The title of the Label window shows the format.
- Data from the record appears in the text boxes.
- Check or edit the data and/or specify other parameters for printing. See details in the table below.
- If your library has multiple OCLC institution symbols, select the appropriate symbol in the Holding Library Code list.
- Click Print.
See more about how to edit and print labels for a single record.
Label window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Spine text field||
|Pocket 1 and Pocket 2 areas
|Call Number text field(s)||
|Author and Title text field(s)||
|Other label features|
|Holding Library Code list||
|Copies of each box||Enter a number from 1 to 999 to specify the number of copies of each label to print.
Default: 1 copy
|Print Constant 1 box||Enter text to print on all labels. Use letters, numbers, and punctuation marks (e.g., c. or v. or Part or Vol.).|
|Numbers box||Enter numbers to appear on labels with Print Constant 1. Use only numbers, commas, hyphens, and quotation marks. You can use:
|Print Constant 2 field||Enter additional text to print on labels, as described above for Print Constant 1 box.|
|Numbers field||Enter numbers to appear on labels with Print Constant 2, as described above for the Numbers box for Print Constant 1.|
|Mirror Edits check box||
Default: Check box is deselected. Edit Pockets 1 and 2 independently.
Does not appear if your label format is SLB, which has only one pocket label, or SP1, which has no pocket labels.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|ALA Entry||Open the ALA Character Selection window to enter diacritics and special characters in the text of a label:
|Print the label set.
Column and Row Options window opens so that you can select the column and row to start printing.Note: If you selected the Prompt for Options check box under Tools > Options > Printing for printing labels on Sheet stock, the
|Close||Close the Label window. Any changes to the label from the original label display are discarded. You must print labels in hard copy or to an electronic file (select in Tools > Options > Printing tab) to keep your changes.|