Discover how cataloging agents can interact with archives records and local holdings records.
- Update, Produce, and Delete Holdings transactions are archived.
- An archive record is written for each OCLC symbol in field 951 ‡l.
- The record for each symbol contains field 049 (Local Holdings) with the institution’s default holding library code.
- The archive record does not contain field 951.
Local holdings records
- A cataloging agent cannot delete holdings from a record for which a local holdings record (LHR) exists for the group. If an agent tries, the system displays an error message.
- If authorized as a holdings agent, a cataloging agent can delete holdings and LHRs from bibliographic records by logging onto the Connexion browser interface or opening the browser interface from within the client using Tools > Launch Local Holdings Maintenance.