Input stamps add data to a label to identify a special characteristic, location, or other information about the specific item, such as an oversize indicator.
You can edit a record to add an input stamp above the call number on spine labels and before the call number on card and pocket labels.
To add an input stamp: With the bibliographic record displayed, enter one of the following in field 049.
- To place the data above the call number: Enter the data in square brackets ([ ]) preceding the first holding library code.
- To place the data below the call number: Enter the data in square brackets ([ ]), following the first holding library code.
- To leave a blank line to separate the input stamp from the call number: Enter one space (press spacebar once) inside a set of square brackets [ ] immediately before or after the holding library code, depending on whether the input stamp precedes or follows the holding library code.
- For multiple lines, type each line in a separate pair of brackets.
- Lines can contain up to 8 characters.
- To print the data REF DESK above the call number, enter [REF DESK]OCL.
- To print REF DESK below the call number, enter OCL[REF DESK].
- To insert a blank line between the call number and REF DESK, enter OCL[ ][REF DESK].