Discover how to add and find examples of print constants for printing labels for multiple copies or parts in Connexion client.
Add print constants to labels
You can add print constants to labels that allow you to:
- Automate printing labels for multiple copies of items, multipart items, and multivolume sets
- Print labels with different years of publication for the volumes of a multivolume set
- Use print constants that support your library's practices
- Specify ranges of numbers or years for labels or specify a range to print on one label
- Navigate to View > Label to view a label for a displayed bibliographic record.
- In the Print Constant 1 field of the Label dialog, enter the text of the first print constant you want to appear on labels.
- In the first Numbers field, enter specific numbers, ranges of numbers, specific years, or ranges of years to appear with Print Constant 1 on labels.
- For print constants, type up to 8 alphanumeric characters.
- For numbers, use Arabic numerals, commas, and hyphens.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the Print Constant 2 field.
- To print multiple copies of each label in the set, enter the number of copies in the Copies of Each field.
- Click Print when the label is ready.
Examples of printing labels for multiple copies or parts
|To produce ...||In the Label dialog, do this ...|
|Labels for multiple volumes or parts||
|Labels for multiple copies of an item||
|Labels for multiple copies of a multipart item||
|Labels for a single item that contains multiple volumes or parts||
|Labels for multiple volumes published annually||