Discover how to batch print labels for records in local file in Connexion client.
You must set an option to mark records for label printing and then print in batch:
- Since labels print immediately whether you are logged on or offline, you must select an option that tells the client to print in batch mode:
- Click Tools > Options or press <Alt><T><O>.
- Click the Batch tab.
- In the Record Actions area under Perform local actions in batch, select the Label Printing check box.
- Click OK or press <Enter>. The client keeps your setting each time you open the program unless you change it.
- Display a bibliographic record from the local save file for which you want to print labels.
Select records in a local bibliographic save file list:
- To select adjacent records, click to highlight the first entry, and then press and hold <Shift> and click the last entry.
- To select nonadjacent entries, click to highlight the first entry, and then press <Ctrl> and click to highlight each additional entry.
- Click File > Print Label(s) or press <Shift><F10>.
- The record(s) are marked for printing labels in batch mode.
- The label status in the record's status bar or in the Label column of the bibliographic local file list changes to R (Ready).
- When ready, run batch processing. For the labels, the client uses:
- The label format you specified in Tools > Options > Printing. If you do not select one, the default format is SL4.
- The classification scheme associated with your OCLC authorization or, if working offline with records in the local save file, the classification scheme you define for offline cataloging in Tools > Options > General.
- (Optional) If you want to switch to printing labels immediately rather than in batch, clear the setting in Tools > Options > Batch.
Tips for undoing or redoing batch label printing:
- If records are selected for batch printing labels (Label status = R for Ready), and you decide not to print the labels, remove the Ready status:
With the record open, or with records selected in the local file list:
- Click Action > Set Status or press <Alt><Shift><S>.
- Select the Label Print check box.
- Click OK.
- If record labels have been batch printed (Label status = C for Completed), but you need to reprint them via batch:
- With the record open, or with records selected in the local file list, click File > Print Label(s) or press <Shift><F10>. The Label status changes from C to R.