Whether you are deriving a new bibliographic record or a new bibliographic constant data record, Connexion transfers the following content to the new record (unless you customize in Tools > Options > Derive Record):
- MARC fields with tag numbers from 1xx to 8xx (x = any number)
- Links to controlled headings
Connexion supplies the following defaults in the new record:
- MARC field 040: Subfields a and c containing your OCLC institution code and a blank subfield b.
Note: If you are online, the client supplies the institution symbol from your logon authorization. If you are offline, the symbol is supplied from client options in Tools > Options > General tab (required).
- Contents of the MARC fixed field defaults to values appropriate for the type of record.
- Default variable fields based on your cataloging profile:
- Empty call number field appropriate for your profiled classification scheme. One of the following fields is inserted: 055, 070, 080, 086, 090, 092, or 096.
- Field 049 containing you default holding library code.
Note: If you are online, the client supplies the holding library code from your logon authorization. If you are offline, the code is supplied from client options in Tools > Options > General tab (required).
Connexion does not transfer:
- OCLC control number: the word NEW replaces the control number
- Holdings data
- Fixed field values
- MARC fields with tag numbers less than 100
- MARC fields with tag numbers 9xx (x = any number)