- When searching for a title in Circulation where I know Library only holds one copy. It either says I hold 2 copies or I hold 1 copy, but two barcodes are listed below?
- WorldShare Circulation
- WorldShare Acquisitions
This usually occurs when a staff member has ordered item/s in Acquisitions and then receives the item in Circulation by adding the item and barcode in Circulation or changing the On-order copy, by giving it a barcode [hence receiving the item].
Then later at another time maybe another staff member then receives the [same] items they ordered in Acquisitions. When this happens, Acquisitions does not know the ordered item has been received unconventionally in Circulation already - so creates its own new 867 Marc tag with the acquisition details of date, price, and barcode.
The LHR then ends up with 2 x 876 tags which can cause issues in circulation in regards to its status and how many copies are held. " Item Status unavailable"
Steps to correct :
- Locate the OCN with this issue in circulation first, to ensure it's the record with an issue.
- Then search for record OCN in Record Manager.
- Scroll down to the LHR information (you may only see one here but saw 2 in circulation).
- Select the hyperlinked barcode > scroll down & check for 876 Marc Tag fields.
- If you see two, one will most likely just have the $p barcode only in it, while the other has $c (cost) $d ( date received) $p barcode.
- The 876 tag with just the barcode will be the once received in Circulation, this is the tag you will need to delete - to correct this issue.
- You would keep the other 876 tag with all the details, as this is the tag connected to your Acquisition module, orders, invoices, and budget and should remain connected.
- Once you have deleted the incorrect 876 fields> Save the LHR > when you have refreshed the modules, you should now only see the one copy in the Circulation. module too, with the correct number of items/copies held.
- If the barcode you had to delete is the one you actually want to use, then after deleting and saving the record.
- After refreshing the module, you can then come back into the Record Manager > search of OCN > edit the $p sub-field on the 876 tag remaining > Save.