I can check in an item, but I get an unknown barcode error when searching for barcode in Circulation.
- In Circulation, you can check in an item and the item shows in the Circulation Item Universe in reports. However, when searching for the barcode in Circulation you get an unknown barcode error. Also, no LHR is found for the item.
- WorldShare Circulation
This typically happens when an item was deleted but Circulation was not notified of the deletion.
- Confirm that the item barcode is not assigned to an LHR in WorldCat by searching Discover Items > Local Holdings Records > My LHRs > Barcode.
- If no results are found, recreate the LHR using the same item barcode.
- On the Copies screen, in the upper right corner, click Add Item.
- On the Add New Monographic Item screen, fill in the fields. Branch and Call Number are required.
- The item will be purged per the library's Deleted Items retention policy
- The following week, the item will no longer appear on the weekly inventory report.