WorldShare Circulation release notes, May 2021
Release Date: May 23, 2021
This release of WorldShare Circulation provides new features and enhancements:
- Three new fields can be added to the HOLD receipt to help library staff identify the home location of the reserved item and the hold's fulfillment method.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
There are no recommended actions related to this release.
We encourage you to review all of the items in the release ntoes to determine whether there are items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
New features and enhancements
Three new fields added to the HOLD receipt
Three new, optional fields have been added to the HOLD receipt:
- Holding Location: The name of the item's home branch.
- Shelving Location: The name of the item's current shelving location, including any temporary location.
- Fulfillment Method: The method used to fulfill the hold request. Currently, the value will always be set to 'Collect' for checkout. Additional fulfillment methods will be added in future releases of WorldShare Circulation.
You can enable the new fields in OCLC Service Configuration > WMS Circulation > Notifications and Receipts > Receipts > HOLD. The field labels can be customized by navigating to Notifications and Receipts > Receipts > Customize Receipt Labels.
Changes to support future functionality
Two new fields have been added to item Statistics screen to support new functionality coming in June 2021. At this time, the values are set to default values and cannot be changed.
Inactive pickup locations allowed when the Hold Pickup Locations Map is not configured
Staff and patrons were able to set a hold's pickup location to a branch when all of its branch locations are configured as inactive pickup locations. As of this release, a branch with all branch locations configured as inactive pickup locations and/or not pickup locations will not be a valid option when the Hold Pickup Locations Map is empty.
See the Known Issues page.
Support information for this product and related products can be found at: