WorldCat Discovery configuration options are accessible in the administrative interface, OCLC Service Configuration. If you need help to create an account, see the tutorial Create an Account for OCLC Service Configuration.
Learn more in a training course: WorldCat Discovery configuration: Patron-facing features
Personalize your Discovery interface
Sign in to OCLC Service Configuration, navigate to WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > User Interface Options to:
- Change or add a logo
- Add links to your library contact information page, or links to other pages to which your patrons need access
Watch a video
Customize the user interface options for WorldCat Discovery (7:07)
This video demonstrates where and how to customize the user interface options for your library's WorldCat Discovery.
Add a link to your library's OPAC
Enable links so that users can go from a search result to an item record in your OPAC. See:
Add a patron facing ILL button
WorldCat Discovery supports: WorldShare ILL, Tipasa, ILLiad, and OpenURL-compliant forms (OpenURL 1.0).
- Sign in to OCLC Service Configuration.
- Navigate to WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local > Place Hold/Request Buttons.
- Follow the instructions to: Add a button that takes your patrons to your interlibrary loan form.
- Continue to the next section on this page for instructions to add a proxy and a prompt for patrons' remote access options.
Watch a video
This video demonstrates how to enable and configure the ILL request button in WorldCat Discovery.
Configure an ILL request button in WorldCat Discovery (7:45)