Learn how to search for a user and assign them roles in the Admin module.
In order for your users to perform actions in the system, you must assign them roles. Users can have multiple roles assigned to them. Added roles will be applied the next time the user signs into WorldShare.
Search for a user
- On the left navigation, under User Management, select an index from the Limit search to list.
- Enter your search terms. You must enter at least two characters for the search to return results.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
- From the search results, click a user name to open the record.
- Available search indexes - Table
|Name, ID, Email
Search terms entered for this index return results based on the following:
- Name: Last name, First name, Middle name, or preferred name
- ID: Barcode, User ID at Source, ILL Identifier, or PPID
- Email Address: Email address located in the Library Record area of the Basic User Data accordion for the user
Values searched upon for the name and email address in the Name, ID, Email index may generate slightly different results than the individual Name and Email index.
- The Name, ID, Email index takes a single token from the user input and compares with a left-handed match of a searchable value
- The individual Name and Email index searches allow multiple tokens to be passed, separated by spaces.
||The circulation barcode, ILL identifier, User ID at Source, and PPID
||Contents of the First Name, Middle Name, or Last Name
Barcode (ID number) of the user.
Barcodes are case-sensitive when searching for users.
|User ID at Source
||The ID of the patron in an external system (e.g. ILS, PeopleSoft, Banner, CAS)
||A unique identifier for the user in the Tipasa system. It may be the user's library barcode
||Email address of the user
||Phone number of the user
||Address of the user (e.g. house number, street name)
||City of the user's address
||State or province of the user's address
||Postal code (e.g. zip code) of the user's address
Search all institutions in your group
Note: This option is only available if you are part of a WMS group.
Deselect the check box to search for users from your institution. When the check box is selected, users across all institutions in your group will be shown.
You cannot edit users that are not from your institution.
- In the user account, expand the Roles accordion.
- Within the Roles accordion, click Edit (on the far right).
- Select the appropriate roles.
- For more information on the actions users can perform with individual roles, see Roles
- All accounts must have the Everyone role assigned. The Everyone role is included automatically and should not be removed
- Click Save.
For additional information about how to manage user accounts, see User Management.