How do I setup an SFTP connection to the Hosted ILLiad Server using WinSCP?
- You want to add a new connection to your hosted ILLiad server using WinSCP
Here are the steps for setting up a WinSCP connection to the ILLiad Hosted Server:
- Open up WinSCP
- The Login screen will show up and New Site will be on the top. Click on New Site
- On the right side under Session, the protocol needs to be SFTP.
- In the HostName field put in the IP address of the ILLiad Server.
- The port will be 222
- The Username and Password you will fill in. If you are not sure of your credentials, please contact OCLC Support.
- Click the Drop-Down beside Advanced and choose "Advanced..."
- On the Advanced Site Settings window on the left side click on Directories.
- The Remote Directory will be "/ILLiad" and the local directory you choose.
- Click on OK
- Click on Save.
- You will be asked for a site name.
- Update the site name to what you want.
- If you want to save the password, click on the Save password box.
- Choose OK.
When you connect the first time, you will get a message that starts with "Continue connecting to an unknown server and add its host key to a cache?" Choose Yes.