Connecting to an OCLC Hosted Server requires an SFTP connection. We support the free program FileZilla, but several other programs work similarly.
Here is the setup for FileZilla:
- Go to File and then Site Manager.
- Click on New Site icon.
- In the General Tab set the Protocol is set up for SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol.
- Put in the host address.
- Set the Port to 222.
- The Logon type needs to be Normal.
- Put in the Username and Password provided by OCLC Support.
- Click Connect.
- The first time you connect, a message will say, "The server's host key is unknown. You have no guarantee that the server is the computer you think it is." Check the box next to "Always trust this host, add this key to the cache," and click OK.
If you cannot connect to the ILLiad Client or the SFTP server, be sure the computer is using an IP address owned by your institution, either on-site or remotely with a VPN. If you become locked out due to unsuccessful sign-in attempts, contact OCLC Support.