- An item shows up in circulation with the status of withdrawn unexpectedly, however the LHR can still be seen and edited within Record Manager
- WorldShare Circulation
- WorldShare Record Manager
An item can show up as being withdrawn:
- If it has either been deleted and not yet purged
- Where a barcode change has been made on an item, re-using a barcode from another item that has not yet been purged, prior to the barcode being used again
- A barcode or Item does not get fully purged unless it has the base status of the following : Available, Never_had, Lost, Missing or Returned.
- If staff re-use a barcode before its been fully purged, this can cause this issue where the item shows a status of withdrawn.
How to restore the record, if it's still editable in record Manager
- Open the record in Record Manager and search by OCLC Number.
- Select the title & scroll down the page to locate the LHR information.
- Select LHRs.
- Go down to the 876 tag and look at the $r subfield tag. This will most likely be the barcode that is showing as being withdrawn.
- If a $r subfield is present, you will need to copy and paste this barcode back into the $p subfield and then delete the $r subfield.
- Click Save.
- Check in this title in Circulation and make a small edit to the record (perhaps the staff note or another minor change). This will force the barcode to be synchronised. The barcode synchronisation will restore the status.
- Click Save.
- Wait 10 minutes or so, clear your cache and restart your browser.
- Check the status of this item again in Circulation, is should now display as available.
Note: There should only be 1 x 876 $p field in a record (barcode for the item held). More 876 $p fields maybe present, if more than one LHR is attached to the same record. The $r