Discover how to reformat a bibliographic record from the MARC 21 editor in WorldShare Record Manager.
When you manually reformat a MARC 21 record, you direct the system to automatically resort the variable fields in correct numeric order and correct minor errors.
- From the MARC 21 editor, select Reformat from the Record drop-down menu. The system redisplays the record and a confirmation message appears which states that the record was reformatted.
When you manually reformat records, the system makes these minor corrections:
- Converts "pipe" character ( | ) in URLs to code %7C, because the pipe character is not part of the set of ALA diacritics and special characters that are valid in the client.
- Changes subfield codes in uppercase to lowercase.
- Changes fixed field values in the wrong case (uppercase versus lowercase) to the correct case.
- If the last character (check digit) in the ISBN or ISSN is a lowercase x, changes it to uppercase.
- Changes a lowercase dlc in field 040 $a to uppercase DLC
- If field 260 $c contains a date and fixed field element Date1 is blank, adds the date to Date1.
- Deletes leading blanks or blanks between values in fixed field elements. Trailing blanks remain.