If your library's access is through a user name and password, and you do not know them, the first step is to ask your local administrator. If your local administrator does not have them, you can open a support ticket by clicking Feedback (located in the lower-left of every page) or send an email message to the RDA Toolkit support team.
Set preferences for RDA Toolkit authentication credentials
To access the RDA Toolkit field help, you must be an RDA subscriber who can connect via IP authentication or with an account ID and password. If you are interested in subscribing, see details at RDA Toolkit Subscriptions.
- In the left navigation, click Preferences.
- From the Preferences panel, click Working with Records.
- For the RDA Toolkit Login, enter your Account ID and Password.
- Click Save.
Open RDA Toolkit field help for a variable field
When working in the MARC 21 editor, you can look up field information in the RDA Toolkit if you are using RDA (Resource Description and Access) instead of the default workforms based on AACR2 to create records.
You must be an RDA subscriber to view this information. Often institutions use IP authentication for access to the RDA Toolkit. using IP authentication, the RDA Toolkit recognizes the user by IP address and grants access.
- From the MARC 21 editor, right-click a variable field.
- Select RDA Toolkit. The MARC field help opens in the RDA Toolkit.