In a KBART file what does the terminology displayed in the embargo column mean?
- WorldShare Collection Manager
The embargo displays/ refers to each coverage range for the journal listed
- R = rolling, or what is also called ‘moving wall’, so R3Y would be a rolling 3 year embargo that changes access each month
- P = static embargoes – so P1M would always be access previous month ongoing, or P1Y would always be access not available for current 12 months only past 1 year
- “D” = days, “M” = months, “Y”= year
There is also a link out to more detailed KBART field information, scroll through this information to Data Fields, click on the embargo link and you will
- Access to all content, except the current calendar year: P1Y
- Access to all content in the previous and current calendar years: R2Y
- Access to all content from exactly 6 months ago to the present: R180D
- Access to all content, except the past 6 calendar months: P6
An embargo on full text is set by the journal publisher.