- World Cat knowledge base queries that use title, ISSN, ISBN, and Publisher to retrieve information.
For WorldCat knowledge base (WCKB) queries using the title, ISSN, ISBN, and Publisher to retrieve information, if a print book has e-access, we will show the link.
Adding holdings to a record doesn’t directly impact the links, WCKB is queried regardless of holdings, and the links appear because we found a match between the title/ISBN/ISSN in WorldCat and the library’s knowledge base. We are not looking at the form of the item, however, the format is taken into account. WCKB queries will not retrieve links for:
· video, audio, or image content on book records
· ebook, audio, or image content on video records
· ebook, video, or image content on music or audiobook records
· ebook, video, or audio content on visual, image or map records
Adding holdings to WorldCat means that the item is shown as held by your library, and in a library and relevance sort, appears higher in the results list than if it was just held by other libraries.
Having the holdings set on the ebook means that if the searcher limits by format, then it appears that you have the ebook. The link, however, will show up either way – it’s just where the item shows up in the results list.
There is no way to have the links only appear for e-formats, since we do not take form into consideration.