I replaced an EBSCO database and now my links aren't working in Discovery
- Links don't work in Discovery after changing your subscription for that database with EBSCO
- WorldCat Discovery
- WorldShare Collection Manager
EBSCO databases are all given a unique "database linking key" to identify them. Similar collections will have different keys and if you try to connect to a resource that does not match the key used in your subscription with EBSCO you'll get broken links. To resolve it, you need to identify the collection that uses your subscription's key and select it.
Here are the steps:
- Search Collection Manager by the name of the collection (ie. ATLA).
- Identify the collections with that name provided by your vendor.
- Within each collection, click the Website link beside the under the Identifiers column.
- When you find the one that let's you through to the full text content, you're in the correct one for your subscription.
- Deselect your old collection by clicking the Deselect link underneath the Selections column.
- Select the new collection.
If you try this and all of the collection's fail, contact EBSCO to get the database code for your subscription, then contact OCLC Support so we can either add it or help you find the correct name for it.