- You need to obtain MARC records from a collection for a specific year or years.
- WorldShare Collection Manager
- WorldCat knowledge base
To obtain MARC records for specific years, access your WorldShare instance and drill down as follows:
- Click on Metadata>Collection Manager
- locate and open the collection (click on the collection name) that you need the MARC records from.
Follow these steps:
Download the KBART file from the collection*.
Open the KBART file and sort by year
Copy the rows for titles in the date ranges you want to receive the MARC records for into a new KBART file.
Remove the Collection name and Collection ID from the KBART data (Columns U and V--keeping the column headers)
Save the KBART file as a tab-delimited text file (must be .txt)
Create a custom collection in Collection Manager by clicking the Create a Collection button
Use the default listed in the menu dropdown: Knowledge Base Collection and click Create
Add a name for your collection
Click the Create button
Open your new custom collection
Configure the MARC record options for your new collection on the Holdings and MARC Records screen for that collection.
While still in your new collection, choose the Titles Facet.
On the far right, click on More Actions
Choose Upload File.
Most likely you’ll want the default options,
- Click Choose File
- Browse to your new KBART file
- Click the Upload button.
Your new file will upload, and MARC records will be output to the My Files area of your WorldShare instance.
If you have questions or need assistance contact OCLC Support
* To download the KBART file
- Access Metadata tab> Collection Manager
- Find the collection you want to work with
- Click on the collection name to open it
- On the Titles facet, at the far right side, click on More Actions
- More Actions, choose Download file