Database-only collections are used primarily by WorldShare Acquisitions and WorldShare License Manager libraries when they need to acquire collections or associate licenses with collections that do not have a defined list of titles. For example, a library might create a database-only collection for the Oxford English Dictionary website. Doing so would allow them to:
- Create an order in Acquisitions
- Create an entry in their WorldCat Discovery A to Z list
Database-only collections will not set holdings in WorldCat or output MARC records.
Create a database-only collection
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
- Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager (Collection Manager is also available in the Licenses tab).
- Click Create a Collection and choose Knowledge base collection from the drop-down list.
- Select Database-only collection.
- Click Create.
- Enter the Collection Name (This might be the database name).
- Enter the Collection ID.
- Click Save.