Learn how to create, save, and edit comments in WebDewey.
About comment types
- User comments are associated with the authorization number of the user who creates the comments.
- Only the person who creates a comment can retrieve it from the comments database or view the comment from a DDC record. User comments are not shared with others at an institution.
- Available with a site license for WebDewey or Abridged WebDewey.
- Institution comments are associated with the library’s OCLC institution symbol.
- Institution comments are shared with all users at the same institution. Any user can retrieve comments from the comments database or view comments associated with a DDC record.
Create and save a comment
Create comment from a blank workform
- On the header, click Comments.
- In the Comments panel, complete the appropriate fields.
- Required fields: Title, Type of Comment, and Comment fields
- Optional fields: DDC# and Keywords
- Click Save.
Create a comment from an existing comment
- Retrieve the comment from which you want to create a new comment.
- Click Derive.
- Edit the comment to create the new annotation.
- Click Save.
View a comment
Edit a comment
Delete a comment
- Retrieve the comment you want to delete.
View the comment within a DDC record. Click Edit.
- Click Delete .Click Yes when prompted to confirm the action.