Discover how to add a Shared Print commitment to a local holdings record in WorldShare Record Manager.
A Shared Print flag and retention statement can be added to a LHR for titles in your collection that you are committing to retain.
- Sign in to Record Manager.
- Navigate to the Local Holdings Record you would like to add the Shared Print Commitment to or derive a Local Holdings Record if one does not yet exist.
- Within the LHR, select Record > Shared Print Commitment > Add. A 583 field with a retention commitment and subfields $c, $d, and $f populated is added to the LHR.
- (Optional) Update the 583 field as needed if updating your retention commitment.
- 583 $c Start date of your retention commitment (required)
- 583 $d Expiration date of your retention commitment (required)
- 583 $f Archiving Program Name (required)
- 583 $j Site of Action (optional)
- 583 $u URL to Documentation for Archiving Program (optional)
- 583 $z Public note (optional)
- 583 $5 Archiving Institution (optional)
- (Optional) Remove fields 876 or 852 $h and $i if they are not applicable.
- Click Save to complete the addition of the Shared Print flag.