Use the Digital Collection Gateway
Use this guide to lead you through the steps for using the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway to add records to WorldCat from OAI-PMH compliant repositories or your CONTENTdm metadata records.
In order to use the Gateway with your OAI-PMH compliant repositories, be sure that the following conditions are met:
- Your OAI-PMH compliant repository is running.
- You have one or more existing collections with metadata fields mapped to Dublin Core and/or Qualified Dublin Core (dcterms).
- You have an OCLC-supplied Key for the Gateway.
To successfully create WorldCat records from your CONTENTdm metadata records:
- The CONTENTdm Server must be running with one or more collections enabled for WorldCat Sync.
- The collections enabled for WorldCat Sync must have metadata fields mapped to Dublin Core.
- Overview of WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway
- Find an overview of the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway synchronization process.
- Collection configuration and metadata crosswalking
- Find information about metadata configuration and creation standards and considerations for sharing metadata.
- Manage users and repositories
- Learn how to add users to your Gateway account, log into the Gateway interface, add repositories to your account, manage repository settings, and assign collections to users.
- Prepare a collection for the Gateway
- Learn how to prepare a collection for the Digital Collection Gateway by selecting the record processing type, assigning an OCLC symbol to a collection, and adding a collection-level metadata record.
- View and edit the metadata map
- Learn how to select a metadata template, edit the metadata map, add metadata elements, map other fields, and find information about advanced mapping features.
- Synchronization with WorldCat
- Learn how to approve the metadata map and initiate synchronization of your collection with WorldCat.
- View synchronization reports
- Learn how to use the Reports tab to view a summary of the synchronization and find instructions for updating records in CONTENTdm.