Use this guide to lead you through the steps for using the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway to add records to WorldCat from OAI-PMH compliant repositories or your CONTENTdm metadata records.
In order to use the Gateway with your OAI-PMH compliant repositories, be sure that the following conditions are met:
- Your OAI-PMH compliant repository is running.
- You have one or more existing collections with metadata fields mapped to Dublin Core and/or Qualified Dublin Core (dcterms).
- You have an OCLC-supplied Key for the Gateway.
To successfully create WorldCat records from your CONTENTdm metadata records:
- The CONTENTdm Server must be running with one or more collections enabled for WorldCat Sync.
- The collections enabled for WorldCat Sync must have metadata fields mapped to Dublin Core.