Note: For offline cataloging, you must define a holding library code and institution symbol.
The client uses the holding library code and institution symbol you assign for bibliographic workforms, bibliographic constant data workforms, and imported records in a local file.
NACO-authorized libraries must define a separate MARC organization code to use the authority workforms and imported records.
Define a holding library code and institution symbol for offline cataloging
- Navigate to Tools > Options or press <Alt><T><O>.
- Click General > Offline Cataloging Options. The Offline Cataloging Options window opens.
- In the Offline Cataloging Options window, complete the following fields:
- Holding Library Code - Enter a code.
- Institution Symbol - Enter a symbol.
- MARC Organization Code - Enter a code. This is required for NACO participants only.
- Click OK or Cancel to close the Offline Cataloging Options window.
- From the General tab, perform one of the following actions:
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Cancel to close the Options window.
- Click Apply to save changes without closing the window.
Note: These settings are only for offline cataloging. When you are logged on, the client gets this information from your logon authorization and password.