Find out how to access and use the Lock Linked Authority Record window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the Lock Linked Authority Record window
- This window opens only if you try to lock an authority record in a field that has multiple controlled headings linked to different authority records.
- In the window, select the heading linked to the authority record you want to lock and edit.
- You can lock only one linked authority record.
- You can lock only a name authority record. You cannot lock, edit, or replace a subject authority record.
- Only NACO-authorized libraries can edit and replace an authority record.
Access the Lock Linked Authority Record window
- With the cursor in a controlled heading field of a bibliographic record, click Action > Lock Linked Authority Record.
- If the controlled heading field has only one controlled heading, the client locks the linked authority WorldCat record and opens it for editing.
- However, if the controlled heading field has multiple controlled headings linked to different authority records, the Lock Linked Authority Record window opens, showing a list of the controlled headings with check boxes.
- Select the check box next to the name heading linked to the authority record you want to lock and edit.
Note: If you select a subject heading, the linked authority record opens, but it is not locked, and the WorldCat record cannot be edited and replaced.
- Click OK.
See more about how to lock linked authority records.