See also: View your OCLC usage statistics
Launch a WebDewey session
If you subscribe to WebDewey services, you can log on to a WebDewey session from within the client for using the electronic version of the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system:
- Click Tools > Launch WebDewey or press <Alt><T><W>.
- The client logs you on automatically and opens a WebDewey session in your browser.
- The logon uses the default authorization and password you set up in the client in Tools > Options > Authorizations. Your default authorization must be associated with a WebDewey subscription.
- Connexion client remains open.
- Click X in the upper-right corner of the browser screen to log off the WebDewey session automatically.
For more information about using WebDewey, see the WebDewey documentation.
Launch local holdings maintenance in the Connexion browser
If you have at least a Full-level cataloging authorization, you can create and maintain local holdings records for items your library holds to make your holdings accessible through WorldCat.
To check whether a local holdings record exists for a record, see the holdings statement in the information area at the top of the record.
Example: Held by OCL/Local OCL holdings - 12 other holdings
Local holdings maintenance is provided in the Connexion browser.
To open the browser and work with LHRs from within the client:
- With an existing WorldCat or online or local bibliographic save file record open in the client, logged on or offline, click Tools > Launch Local Holdings Maintenance or press <Alt><T><L>.
- Modify the local holdings record(s), or use other functions of the service.
- Click the X in the upper-right corner of the browser screen to close the screen and log off the local holdings maintenance session automatically.
See Local Holdings Maintenance for comprehensive information on using the local holdings maintenance service.