Purpose of the Export Options window
- Create, edit, or delete an export destination for exporting records from WorldCat or from the online or local bibliographic or authority save file to your local system (at least one destination setup is required). Set up exporting to:
- LPT (parallel) port
- TCP/IP host
- OCLC Gateway connection to a local system
- Select options for exporting records as listed in step 5 of the basic procedure below.
Access the Export Options window
- Navigate to Tools > Options > Export.
- Under Destination, click Create to create a destination.
Select a destination and click Edit to change the destination settings.
Select a destination and click Delete to delete it.
Required: You must create at least one export destination before you can export records, since the client does not provide a default.
- Click Record Characteristics to select a record standard and/or a character set for exported records. Click OK when finished. See details.
- Click Field Export Options to specify fields to delete from exported records. Click OK when finished.
- Click check boxes to select or deselect other options for:
- Displaying a report
- Exporting workforms (that is, newly created records that have not yet been added to WorldCat or the LC authority file)
- For bibliographic records only, getting a warning before exporting records that include unlinked non-Latic script fields
See details about selecting these options in the table below.
- When finished, click OK or Apply in the main Export tab window.
Export Options window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
Note: Required for exporting records.
Note: Select File to enter a path and file name, or select File: (Prompt for filename) to export records to a different file each time you use the client. The client prompts you for a file name when you do the first export after starting the program, and uses that file until you close the client.
|Allow export of workforms check box||Allow export of workforms (new records that have not yet been added to WorldCat and therefore have no OCLC control numbers).
Default: Check box is deselected. You must explicitly set this option.
|Display report for immediate export results check box||Open a report automatically when export is completed that shows export errors and, if you convert from one record standard to another, any fields that did not map.
Note: Fields not mapped are dropped from the exported record.
Default: Check box is deselected.
|Warn before exporting bibliographic records that include unlinked non-Latin script fields check box||
Bibliographic records only.
Caution: You must set an option in Tools > Options > Batch before marking records for batch export; otherwise, records export immediately whether you are logged on or offline).
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Create||Open the New Export Destination window and create a new export destination to:
To create a destination:
|Edit||Select an export destination in the list, and click Edit to change settings for an export destination.
Examples: Change the location for an export file or change the host name for a connection.
To edit a destination:
|Delete||Select an export destination in the list, and then click Delete to remove it.|
|Record Characteristics||Open the Record Characteristics window to specify the record standard and character set you want to use for exported records. When finished, click OK or Cancel to return to the Export option window.|
|Field Export Options||Open the Field Export Options window to specify fields to delete from exported records. When finished, click OK or Cancel to return to the Export option window.|
|OK||Apply your settings and close the Options window.|
|Cancel||Cancel any changes you made and close the Options window.|
|Apply||Apply your settings without closing the Options window. Continue checking or changing other options settings if needed.|