Find out how to access and use the E-Dictionary Entry window in Connexion client.
Purpose of the E-Dictionary Entry window
- Check alternative readings for a character in Chinese, Japanese, and/or Korean.
- Verify EACC and Unicode codes.
- View Unicode font and bitmap representations of the character.
- Select and copy a value for the entry to paste into a record or workform, constant data, or text string.
Access the E-Dictionary Entry window
- Navigate to Tools > CJK E-Dictionary or press <Alt><T><J>.
- In the CJK E-Dictionary Search window, search or browse the E-Dictionary.
- In the E-Dictionary Search Results window, double-click an entry, or highlight an entry and press <Enter>.
- Select a value (see details below).
- When finished, click OK.
See more about how to use the E-Dictionary.
E-Dictionary Entry window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Boxes showing comparative values for the selected entry
Gives all values available for the selected entry in the formats listed below.
|To use a value from the entry in a record, workform, constant data, or text string:
|Wade-Giles (WG)||Wade-Giles romanization of Chinese pronunciation(s) for the character, including any tone qualifier|
|McCune-Reischauer (MR)||McCune-Reischauer romanization of Korean pronunciation(s) of the character|
|Tsang-Chieh (TC)||One to five letters that identify the character in the Tsang-chieh graphical coding scheme|
|Unicode||2-byte code for the character assigned in the Unicode standard|
|Pinyin (PY)||Pinyin romanization of Chinese pronunciation(s) for the character; includes any tone qualifier|
|Modified Hepburn (HP)||Modified Hepburn romanization of Japanese pronunciation(s) of the character|
|EACC||3-byte East Asian Character Code (EACC) value for the character|
|Unicode Font||Character as represented in the client font (default: Arial Unicode MS or Windows default; if you change the default client font, the new font must be Unicode-compliant).|
|Bitmap (graphic)||The graphic representation of the character that is associated with its EACC value|
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|OK||Close the E-Dictionary and return to the E-Dictionary Search Results window.|