Purpose of the CJK E-Dictionary Search window
- Search by EACC code for a single character or related characters.
- Search by Unicode character (paste character into the Search by Input Code box).
- Search by TC code or partial TC code.
- Search by phonetic input code.
- Open the Browse by EACC Layer window to browse a section of the E-Dictionary.
Access the CJK E-Dictionary Search window
- Navigate to Tools > CJK E-Dictionary or press <Alt><T><J>.
- Search for a character or code using the features described in the table below.
- Select a script.
- Click Find or click Browse to browse by EACC layer.
- Click Close.
See more about how to use the E-Dictionary.
CJK E-Dictionary Search window: Features and buttons
|Feature||How to use|
|Search by Input code field||Enter (type or copy and paste) an EACC, Tsang-chieh, or phonetic input code as a search term.
The code must be valid for the selected input method.
|Input Method buttons||Click a button to select one of the following input methods:
See Use CJK E-Dictionary for details.
|Script check boxes||Shows which of the following scripts are supported by the selected input method:
Scripts are displayed as follows:
Select only one script. Where multiple scripts are supported (check-marked), select the check boxes to clear the scripts you do not want.
|Button name||Click the button to...|
|Find||Start an E-Dictionary search for the input code.
This button is unavailable until you enter an input code.
|Browse||Open the Browse by EACC Layer window.|
|ALA Entry||Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or special character.|
|Close||Close the CJK E-Dictionary.|