Purpose of the CJK E-Dictionary Search window
- Search by EACC code for a single character or related characters.
- Search by Unicode character (paste character into the Search by Input Code box).
- Search by TC code or partial TC code.
- Search by phonetic input code.
- Open the Browse by EACC Layer window to browse a section of the E-Dictionary.
Access the CJK E-Dictionary Search window
- Navigate to Tools > CJK E-Dictionary or press <Alt><T><J>.
- Search for a character or code using the features described in the table below.
- Select a script.
- Click Find or click Browse to browse by EACC layer.
- Click Close.
See more about how to use the E-Dictionary.
CJK E-Dictionary Search window: Features and buttons
|How to use
|Search by Input code field
|Enter (type or copy and paste) an EACC, Tsang-chieh, or phonetic input code as a search term.
The code must be valid for the selected input method.
|Input Method buttons
|Click a button to select one of the following input methods:
See Use CJK E-Dictionary for details.
|Script check boxes
|Shows which of the following scripts are supported by the selected input method:
Scripts are displayed as follows:
Select only one script. Where multiple scripts are supported (check-marked), select the check boxes to clear the scripts you do not want.
|Click the button to...
|Start an E-Dictionary search for the input code.
This button is unavailable until you enter an input code.
|Open the Browse by EACC Layer window.
|Open the Enter Diacritics and Special Characters window to enter a diacritic or special character.
|Close the CJK E-Dictionary.