- OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition
- An OCR unit allows you to extract searchable text from images using the CONTENTdm Project Client
- You may activate only one
Project Client per OCR unit. Your OCR unit can process up to 10 thousand pages per month
- In order for OCR to be implemented, each collection would need at least one designated field with a data type of Full Text Search. This can be either existing fields or a new field of your choice
- Activation: You will be given an activation code for the OCR unit. To activate your new OCR units, open a Project Client project. From the Project menu, select Project Settings Manager and then OCR.
Click Activate. You will be prompted to enter your activation. After activation, you must restart the Project Client. No action is required on the CONTENTdm server. This OCR unit code can only be used on one workstation
- For more information about activating and using the OCR unit features in the Project Client, see Using OCR