Export and import project settings
Save project set-up time by exporting project settings from other collections to use as a template for a new project.
Importing and exporting projects exports project settings only. It does not copy items in projects.
The project settings that are exported are limited to settings established for the project. Collection and server settings are not exported. For more information, see About Project Settings.
Exported project settings include:
- Server URL
- Collection name
- Project name
- Display image settings such as (format, size, compression, quality, etc)
- Upload method (shared directory or upload to server)
- Thumbnail Manager settings
- Metadata template settings
- Import wizard settings
- PDF conversion settings
- Project Client user-configured options
- Currently applied image rights
- OCR settings, if activated (recognition language, and mode)
You may want to share a project instead of setting up a new project with exported settings. To share project settings with another Project Client, you can initially set the project as shared when it is created, or you can export a project and then import it as a shared project.
Export project settings
- On the Project Client Home tab with the project open, click Edit Project Settings. The Project Settings Manager displays with the General page selected.
- In the Export Project Settings section of the page, click Export Settings. The Export Project Settings dialog displays.
- Specify the folder to save the exported settings. Note this location for importing.
- The exported folder will have the same name as your project. Click OK to export the settings and close the dialog.
Import project settings
- Make sure you have access to exported settings either on a shared network drive or saved to your local computer.
- From the Project menu, click Import Project Settings. The Import Project Settings dialog displays.
- Specify the folder where the project settings folder has been saved. The folder will have the same name as the original project.
- Click OK to close the dialog and import the project settings.
- To open the newly imported project settings, click Open from the Project menu.
For security reasons, imported projects do not import the existing usernames and passwords. You may be prompted for a username and password.