About mapping fields
If using tab-delimited files to add metadata to a project in the Project Client, the added fields must be mapped to the fields in the collection database where you are uploading the files.
After selecting to Import using a tab-delimited text file from the Add Multiple Items screen and selecting the Import Type, the Map Metadata Fields appears and is divided into two sections:
- Imported Fields show the fields that will be added
- Collection Fields shows the database fields of the collection where the items are imported.
CONTENTdm maps the imported field names to the collection field based on the order of the fields. Scroll through all of the fields and confirm that the added field is mapped to the appropriate collection field.
To choose another field, click the drop-down option next to the collection fields value. If you do not want to import a field, select None from the options in the collection field drop-down.
- More than one imported field can be mapped to the same collection field, except for the File name or URL. If two fields are mapped to the same collection field, a semicolon and space separate the contents of the field when the item is imported into the project spreadsheet.
- If adding a file, map one field only to the File name field.
- If adding a URL, map one field only to the URL field.
- One or more fields must map to the Title field of the collection.
- If using a Date data type field, the contents must be in the format mm/dd/yyyy.